Saturday, August 25, 2007

Say cheese...or not

When taking pictures with people, it's inevitable that someone will whip out the stupid kissy face. I prefer to smile for my photos and not look mentally handicapped for 1/500th of a second. After much pondering, I think I found some good reasons as to why so many people seem to be drawn to this making this face.
  • The cheeks become sucked in and the face gets a slimmer appearance.
  • The tongue is forced to the top of the mouth causing more streamline neck and less double chins
  • The the contraction of muscles around the mouth cause the muscles around the eyes to loosen up and attract more attention to the eye. Studies show that the eyes are the first thing a guy looks at on a woman (suprising, huh?)
  • Bad teeth are hidden without looking silly...well...without looking silly in a socially unacceptable way. I still think this face looks stupid
  • The lips are instantly given a fuller appearance. Bigger lips are more attractive (i.e. collagen implants)
I don't think we'll be seeing the end of the kissy face epidemic anytime soon. This wildfire is only beginning to catch on. You'd think someone would see a picture of themselves like this and think "wow, I look retarded." Rather, people see it an say to themselves "omg, facebook pic!" You make me sick you fat sacks of crap.